Friday, December 7, 2007

Toyota: Back in Time...


I just realized, I post about Toyota a lot. Now, I don't really think - in fact I'm certain it's not because I like the brand in terms of what cars they pump out of the assembly line (I can't see myself ever owning a Celica or Camry for that matter). Maybe I'm just bitter that the Tundra is absolutely dominating the Nascar Craftsman Truck Series points standings and manufacturers chase. Whatever it may be, I sure hear myself and many others constantly gossiping about Toyota. Questions like, "did you see their new commercial?" or, "did you know Toyota is the number one manufacturer?" I either hear from friends and family or see on the Blogosphere everyday. How about, "Mike Skinner and the Toyota boys are sure killing it this year on the track." Whatever you may think of 'Toyota talk', one must argue that for the most part any news is good news in the world of not just consumerism, but the entirety of popular culture. Toyota is big news! So despite my bias toward other big name auto corporations in the industry, I take my hat off to Toyota. They sure learned how to market their goods.

Oh, and here's a link to what I think is one of the best car commercials in recent history.


No comments: